Beginning on your fitness journey….Here are some advice so you don’t get discouraged…
1. Eat! ….differently….but eat!
2. Don’t go from one extreme to the other. Moderation will take you ALL THE WAY. Love your body, don’t punish it!
3. Change your mindset before changing your lifestyle.
4. Keep workouts SIMPLE : Squats/ Push Ups/ Sit ups/ High Knees and VARIED: Hiit/ Reps/ Cardio BUT….
5. ….Do the exercises with proper form!!!
6. Avoid balancing exercises in the beginning, wait til you get a bit stronger
7. ALWAYS warm up & cool down.
8.If you’re overweight, careful when jumping…or avoid jumps until you’ve lost a bit of weight
9. You don’t have to workout everyday!
10. You don’t need to buy expensive supplements.
11. You don’t need to buy expensive equipment, except for trainers and a mat. Buying weights doesn’t make you a ”lifter”, lifting ”water bottles” does ;)
12. If you don’t see slight results after 2 weeks (take selfies), increase your workout time by 10 min & make sure you eat right!
13. You see intimidating pics of beautiful women on tumblr but most of us are like you: normal, struggling and friendly :))))…
I’m 27 and married and a college grad and no offense to younger peoples but I’d love to make some fitness friends and have things in common! Thank you! xoxo
39!!! probably the oldest here :))
The healthy life: It’s not just about losing the weight; it’s about losing the lifestyle and mindset that got you there.– Dr Steve Maraboli (via motiveweight)
Anonymous asked: Is it ok to eat treats (donuts ice cream etc) on rest days???
YES YES YES !!! :)
Yes but It depends on the amount…Everything in moderation!
Quinoa Coconut-Cacao Bar Melt together: 6 Tbsp coconut oil 2 Tbsp coconut butter 4 heaping Tbsp of raw cacao powder (or regular unsweetened cocoa powder will do, if you don’t have cacao) 2 Tbsp of maple syrup pinch of salt Stir in 1 cup Puffed Quinoa Cereal 1/4 cup Cranberries 1/4 cup pistachios Pour into a lined loaf pan and chill until set.
I’m definitely pro-selfie. I think that anybody who’s anti-selfie is really just a hater. Because, truthfully, why shouldn’t people take pictures of themselves? When I’m on Instagram and I see that somebody took a picture of themselves, I’m like, ‘Thank you.’ I don’t need to see a picture of the sky, the trees, plants. There’s only one you. I could Google image search ‘the sky’ and I would probably see beautiful images to knock my socks off. But I can’t Google, you know, ‘What does my friend look like today?’ For you to be able to take a picture of yourself that you feel good enough about to share with the world – I think that’s a great thing.– Ezra Koenig being an angel [x] (via whatevelyn)
small things to do that make your mind feel clearer
- close all your internet tabs except the one you’re using
- delete all your text messages
- delete negative people from social networks
- throw some things away. just throw them away
- tidy your desk. make a blank surface
- drink 3 glasses of water
- open the curtains
- wash your face and brush your teeth
Re-arrange your room
A strong belief of mine…until I see CAKE!!…