I’m stuck…stuck on a not-so-clean diet…and stuck on a not-so-thrilling workout regime…SOO….I’m going back to the roots ;) …I started working out with Zuzka & I love working out BECAUSE of Zuzka…she’s the one who made it real for me with a no nonsense approach and a very professional attitude. I’ve done all the free zwows twice or even three times for some but I’ve tried other programs since and after nearly 2 years working out regularly I need a boost, I need to see some progress… SOO, I’m going to include some old zwows to my next program (i.e: Melissa Bender’s Bikini Competition Workout Plan). Hopefully, that will give me the boost I need…I need to be more focused on my goals :))…so…I have to:
****Focus on form.
****Give it my all.
****(Re)learn to say ‘no’ to inefficient food!!
****Stay focus, focus, focus!!!!
I’ll be starting after Easter, April 22 (I will complete the BR Bootcamp first) with Zwow #1 (aaaah dreaded pistols AND burpees!!!!) but the real-food diet starts NOW! I’ll post food pics & workouts here (self-accountability)….Ok! I need a good night sleep now…see you on the other side!
I completed 6 Workouts + Burnouts this week:
1. Bodyrock Bootcamp 11 2R with Skipping- 24 min + 1R Burnout (from RTC 11) - 12 min (Total: 36min). I prefer longer workouts. BR have introduced payments for burnouts & diet plans…I think they’re losing their appeal…They were so proud to be a totally free website, now they’re not. I’m curious to see what will happen next.
2. Bootcamp 12 2R with 1/2 Skip-1/2 side jump lunge (with the extra long Bonus) - Total: 56:40 (liked it even if not enough lower body work).
3. Bootcamp 15- 2R with 1/2 skip- 1/2 burpees + Daily burnout cardio 1R 12 min- Total 38 min
4. bootcamp 16: legs yeah!!! 3R with skipping 24 min + burnout chris tye walker’s ultimate bodyweight 1R 12 min. total36 min. I loved this new trainer, so encouraging!!!
5. bootcamp 17: I renamed it “arms & shoulders” 8Rx 8rep 37min. Burnout from RTC 18 5 min. Total 42 min
6. bootcamp 18: 2R with skipping 24 min. Sean’s workout, i don’t follow along because he’s not encouraging, he suffers too much to be able to speak during the workout. A good workout though, fully body with somecardio- nice balance +Daily burnout 7 17 min. Total: 41 min.
Diet is still not on track. I wanted to reduce wheat.It didn’t happen.
APRIL Week 1: Bodyrock 21-day Bootcamp
I completed 6 Workouts (Day 4 to Day 10). Rest day on Thursday. I enjoyed the first few workouts but finding them a bit repetitive., finding the whole team a bit unprofessional…there tend to be mistakes on a regular basis, whether on the website (workout breakdowns) or even during the videos (Sean forgetting one exercise!!). It’s starting to annoy me! On top of it, the workouts focus on upper body mainly, what they call full body workouts are usually arms & abs…The last workouts (e.g. day 12) isolate one muscle group (e.g.bicep curls), I prefer when the full body works with a plank row or squat press). I said I would complete the challenge so I will but it’s week 2 and I’m already bored, I’m changing some exercises but can’t wait to go back to benderfitness.com & Zuzka’s workouts.
I’ve started Zuzka’s 10-week arm balance challenge…tougher than it looks…excellent for abs… I keep going back to Bodyrock for Lisa’s motivation but I keep getting disappointed with the whole thing and the confusing website.
I need to remember this!!
At home work-out ideas!
If you’re a beginner, you probably won’t know what half of these are !! ;)
person: what does BMI stand for
me: bullshit meaningless information
Green smoothie bowl; bananas, spinach, kale and water with soaked chia. Omega 3 mix- quinoa, flax, chia, sunflower, pepita, currants, cocao nibs. Sliced banana. Yum!
~ This looks amazing!! *.*
20 Traits Happy People Have In Common
By Marc Chernoff, Co-Founder, marcandangel
This is so me :)
I’ve been soooo busy with work, I neglected tumblr…BUT not my workouts!! I’ve managed to fit 5 workouts a week. I’m still on track for summer! …well I actually want to get strongER now. I got some 5kg Dumbbells which I love even if still a bit heavy, but I’ve used them for squats & Press ups so quite happy with that purchase :)
I’ve also taken up skipping which I find oddly relaxing. I just add skipping in between exercises, so a workout will take me twice as long. It also allows me to get better form on the following exercise.
My eating has gone a bit wild with work. Eating out & making bad choices :(. I just need a better organisation (always been my issue!) so I don’t go hungry or thirsty (if I’m hungry, I’ll make poor choices). So this past week I’ve completed:
Tues: Lisa Real time Day 5
Wed: Bender Workout# 6 new bikini comp. + 15 min Jump Rope. I also cycled to work (2x 7km or so)
Fri: Zcut Strength# 2- 4R in 17:06 (I’m finding these tough but too ‘simple’ and I feel a bit cheated…I loved the Zcut Cardio & Power Yoga!)
I cycled (2x 7km)
Sat: Lisa RT Day 7 + Bikini Burn Day#1 + Bonus Wo Day#1(50 crunches+2x60 sec Plank Hold)
Sun (tomorrow I’ve planned): Lisa RT Day 8.
Beginning on your fitness journey….Here are some advice so you don’t get discouraged…
1. Eat! ….differently….but eat!
2. Don’t go from one extreme to the other. Moderation will take you ALL THE WAY. Love your body, don’t punish it!
3. Change your mindset before changing your lifestyle.
4. Keep workouts SIMPLE : Squats/ Push Ups/ Sit ups/ High Knees and VARIED: Hiit/ Reps/ Cardio BUT….
5. ….Do the exercises with proper form!!!
6. Avoid balancing exercises in the beginning, wait til you get a bit stronger
7. ALWAYS warm up & cool down.
8.If you’re overweight, careful when jumping…or avoid jumps until you’ve lost a bit of weight
9. You don’t have to workout everyday!
10. You don’t need to buy expensive supplements.
11. You don’t need to buy expensive equipment, except for trainers and a mat. Buying weights doesn’t make you a ”lifter”, lifting ”water bottles” does ;)
12. If you don’t see slight results after 2 weeks (take selfies), increase your workout time by 10 min & make sure you eat right!
13. You see intimidating pics of beautiful women on tumblr but most of us are like you: normal, struggling and friendly :))))…